- Patented Adjustable Steel Ladder Frame Chassis
- Licensed 1968 Ford F100 Cab Body
- 3-Link Panhard Bar Front Suspension
- 4-Link Rear Suspension
- Aluminum Suspension Links
- Floating Battery Tray
- Realistic Axle Housings
- One-Piece, Low-Profile Locker/Ring Gear
- Heavy Duty CV Front Shafts
- Single-Speed, Metal Gear Transmission
- Oil-Filled, Threaded Shocks
- Dynamite brushed 35T crawler motor and waterproof ESC
- Licensed Interco Super Swamper TSL SX Tires
- Spektrum Metal Gear Steering Servo
Needed to Complete
- 2S Shorty Lipo Battery Pack with EC3™ connector (see Completion Guide)
- Suitable Charger
- Spektrum™ DSMR®/DSM2® Transmitter
What’s in the box?
- (1) Vaterra® 1968 Ford™ F-100 Ascender BND
- (1) Spektrum 3-Channel DSMR Surface Receiver
- (1) Spektrum 9Kg 23T Waterproof Servo
- (1) Dynamite WP 60A Forward/Reverse Brushed ESC
- (1) Dynamite 35-Turn 540 Brushed Motor
- (1) User Manual
Heavy Duty Suspension
The chassis rides on a 3-link panhard bar front suspension and a 4-link rear suspension. All suspension links are machined from aluminum to handle the most punishing conditions. Oil-filled, threaded shocks soak up the bumps and give you a variety of pre-load settings.
Brilliant LEDs cast more than enough light for running at night without placing a huge current demand on the battery.
Metal Gear Transmission
In other vehicles, metal gear transmission is an upgrade. With the Ford F-100 Ascender, it comes standard.
Floating Battery Tray
The battery tray floats over the front axle and is designed to accept 96mm shorty packs. Placing the weight of the battery over the front axle gives the front tires extra traction when crawling over rocks and tackling steep inclines.
Heavy Duty CV Front Shafts
As with the rest of the drivetrain components, these have been designed to handle rugged terrain. They also allow up to 45 degrees of steering angle – more than most other trucks in this class.
Sticky Compound Interco Super Swamper TSL XS Tires
The realistic drivetrain and suspension are complemented by licensed replicas of Interco Super Swamper® TSL SX tires. Like the full-scale versions, their tread pattern and compound provide excellent grip at almost any angle.
Steel Ladder Frame Rails
Adjustable, stamped steel ladder frame rails set at a 290mm wheel base. The patented adjustable frame can be reconfigured for up to four different wheel bases to fit most scale crawler bodies.
Low Profile Axle Housings with One-Piece Metal Lockers
Thanks to the metal locker, the vehicle won’t “diff” out when one wheel is under load. And because of its low profile, the locker and axle housing is smaller and provides more ground clearance.
Waterproof ESC, Receiver and Servo
Natural elements such as a creek, streams and mud will not affect the electronics.
60-Amp LiPo Compatible Waterproof ESC
The Ford F-100 Ascender is LiPo compatible right out of the box and has a crawler mode that provides sweet drag break for steep inclines.
Bind-N-Drive™ (BND) is a transmitter-less option for RC enthusiasts who already own a surface transmitter featuring Spektrum 2.4GHz DSM Technology. This money-saving innovation allows you to add a Bind-N-Drive vehicle to your collection without the extra cost or clutter of an extra transmitter.